Topman S/S 12 - Am I in Morocco?

It's Tuesday morning and I have woken up to the Topman S/S 12 collection!

It was only last week that I mentioned in my post on Burberry Prorsum how much I loved the hints of teal incorporated into the collection and that I would be taking note of this for 2012.

Since then I have been on the search for the perfect new palette to add to my wardrobe. I have been thinking to myself over the past few day as to why I love the colour so much and realised it's one that makes me reminisce of a 'Maldivian Paradise' with clear blue oceans surrounding me that I so long for in these miserable wet and windy times of the year.

So far I have had little luck on my hunt, which is why I couldn't contain my excitement when I saw the latest Topman S/S Collection!


When I saw this minimal hint of tribal it made me remember a plan I had to create range of T-shirts using some of my geometric print designs and apply them onto the front pockets, so I am even more determined to get round to doing it now!


*NOTE* Can only be worn in exotic retreats - Even if they do look like silk pyjamas.


Loving the two tone element - the matt navy fabric against the contrasting brown sheen. (Future post on H&M S/S 12 also introduces this into their collection)


I can only describe this as my 'Tribal Remedy' as I am tantalised over such an exotic print. The polo shirt has this metallic look to it with the textured bronze finish.

The combination of the bronze leather belt against the teal are a match made in heaven. I'm also drawn to the alignment of belt loop and enlarged pocket join.

I'll call this look 'Desert Camel'. A great tip is to incorportate a hoodie under a formal jacket to create a more 'relaxed' look.

As I am flicking through the collection taking note of the exotic tribal elements in the prints as well as fabric choices of silk, suede and leather I begin to have this flashback of my days working as a Graphic Designer in Bangkok when I was designing the brochures for the Anantara Qasr Al Sarab Desert. The rich muted colours and prints would work perfectly in such unparalleled luxury of that in a Morocan/Arabian Resort and Spa.

http://qasralsarab.anantara.com/gallery.aspx

Comments

Popular Posts